Saturday, June 4, 2011

You Can Do This

While I was out of town this week, Kim from Texting My Pancreas announced the launch of a project that I think is going to change lives. We all know that diabetes is hard to live with. No matter what type of diabetes you (or your loved one) had, it's never easy. Sure, there are good days. But there are bad days as well. And not matter the type of day, it NEVER goes away. The title of my blog says it all... it's Every Day, Every Hour, Every Minute.

But there is support, love, and strength to be found. These things make it easier. The fact that I know that I'm not alone.... that is priceless. And in order to let others know that they aren't alone, Kim launched the You Can Do This project. Record yourself. Share with others. You aren't alone and neither are they. All the details on the project can be found HERE. Who knows, your video may touch a life in ways that you could never imagine.

I'm in the process of getting my own video together and it will be up as soon as I can get it finished. Join us. Let this be a cry of hope for people who are newly diagnosed as well as for those who are burned out and frustrated. Diabetes may never leave, but neither does the support coming from those in the online community. Below is the launch video. I encourage you to watch (you might need some tissues).

No comments: