Thursday, February 10, 2011

Backseat

Hey all you folks in D-OC land. :) How's it goin'? I feel like I'm missing out on the D-OC and it's going on's. (Yes, I just totally went "southern" on all of you. Sorry, I'll rejoin the English speaking race now... )

I've been so busy lately. I've been trying desperately to get my life back in order now that my roommate has moved out (VERY sad :( about this!!!). I've been trying to get caught back up at work (we've been very busy). I've been thinking about buying a house (Ekk!!!). I've been putting up with the ten million snow storms that keep hitting here. Overall it's been kind of crazy.

In all of this, I've noticed something. While I miss the D-OC so much it's crazy, diabetes itself has taken somewhat of a backseat in my mind. Not my actual care, of course. That's been pretty decent. But the thinking about it, blogging about it, worrying about it has been less.

In fact, outside of my mini-celebration to celebrate my 25th diaversary, diabetes has pretty much been hanging out in the backseat of my life.

I'm not sure yet if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Diabetes is with me 24/7. As we all know, there are no breaks or vacations from this disease. So is stepping back from the D-OC and having diabetes advocacy and topics take a break from being in the forefront of my mind a bad thing?

I guess there's no "right" answer for that. I continue to blog when I get inspiration. I'll continue to be a part of the D-OC because you guys are part of my family. Heck, for all I know, my inspiration could hit tomorrow and I could be right back to posting three times a week. But for now, I'm okay with once a week and letting my mind have a semi-break from diabetes.

On that note, here's a picture of what I had to celebrate my diaversary:




And here is a totally awesom button that my friend made me to connect to my other blog. :)


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I think as long as you aren't taking a break in management, a break from All Things D can be good once in a while. I miss your post though. :) And mmmm, that cone looks so good!!!

Jacquie said...

Yeah, I have to step away sometimes. I love all the support, but when I'm "all up in it," as they say, I feel the burnout real hard.

If you live with diabetes all the time, and spend the time you don't spend managing diabetes talking about managing diabetes . . . yeah.

Glad to hear that you're doing well overall, and that you ate that big ol' ice cream cone.

Allison Blass said...

Diabetes has definitely been in the backseat of my life lately. I suppose that's better than having it giving me a lot of trouble! I can't wait to see you in May and really celebrate #25!