Monday, August 2, 2010

Music Monday: Needtobreath

Well, folks, another Music Monday is here. And I have a great group to share with you. :) In fact, I like their new album so much I've listened to it on repeat for the past several day. (I keep thinking I'll get tired of it. I don't.)

Needtobreath. Yup, all one word. I am just recently discovering them, although they have been around for a while. The group is made up of two brothers and two of their college friends. Lead singer, Bear Rinehart and brother Bo Rinehart are the children of an Assembly of God pastor. They met friends Joe Stillwell and Seth Bolt in college.

Their latest album is what I have gotten hooked on. They stand right on the line of contemporary Christian, Southern rock, and modern day rock/pop. They have several obviously Christian songs on their album, but some are not. The song "Stones Under Rushing Water" is a beautiful love song (singer Sara Watkins of the bluegrass band Nickel Creek is featured). "The Outsiders" is an anthem to being different.
They have had songs included in several TV shows and movies (apparently they have a song in P.S. I Love You. I've not seen the movie, so I don't know which song) which only proves their overall appeal.
So, check them out. I don't think you'll be disappointed. I'm including three of my favorite songs in this post via YouTube.


The Outsiders: title track off the new album. Fantastic song.


Stones Under Rushing Water: sadly, Sara Watkins is not singing in this version.


Garden: Probably my favorite song on the whole album. Beautiful and meaningful in so many ways.

2 comments:

Holly said...

I love Needtobreathe! I'm really loving their song "Something Beautiful". Do you listen to WayFM out of Nashville? There's a station here in Huntsville and my car never turns from there. =)

Cara said...

Holly, I live too far away from Nashville (and up on the mountain), to get WayFM. It makes me which I had satellite radio. I actually don't get a single decent contemporary Christian station, which is part of the reason I'm just now discovering them. I LOVE "Something Beautiful." Also "Girl Named Tennesse." :P