Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bad Sensor

I put a new sensor in a couple of days ago. About 1/2 the time since, I've had it turned off. Because when it's on, I can't seem to get it to work right. I think I have officially come across my first "bad" sensor.
There have been no calibration errors. But time after time I will check and it will be 100 to 150 points off! I will try to reset it and then in 4 or 5 hours I test again and the reading is off in the opposite direction.
I am taking it out tonight. It's been a while since I've taken some time off from the sensor. I may take a few days break. We'll see how long I last before I'm putting a new one in. I usually don't last more than 24 to 36 hours because I have gotten so used to seeing the CGMS to have an idea of where my blood sugars are heading.

By the way, since I am not walking for JDRF this year, I am posting a fellow diabetic's info so you can donate to her. This is Kacey, the daughter of Jill at My Crazy Life.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Awwww Cara *cry* THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Kacey will be thrilled to see this when I show her this afternoon!!!

This is our first walk and she is so excited!!

When you get a chance... email me your address :D
mom2knkc@inna.net

~*~BIG HUGS~*~