Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Thankful and Blessed

I went to church tonight to be greeted with the news that a friend of mine lost her husband day before yesterday. My church has a phone tree, but I don't get the calls as I have a cell phone and it doesn't call cell phones.
She and her teenage daughter teach with me in my Mighty Mites class (5-6 year olds). Her youngest child is in my Mighty Mites class. They have 3 children total, ranging from age 15 to age 5. The family is also in my cell group (kind of like a mini-church that meets twice a month).
My heart aches for this family, who lost their father/husband. It's one of those things where I am helpless to do anything but pray.
Our entire class of 5-6 year olds prayed with the youngest child tonight in class. It was such a blessing to see these little children praying with their child-like faith.
I feel blessed and thankful that I have my family. I don't always get along with them, but they love me, and I them. And they are a blessing to me. And seeing someone else loose a member of their family makes me all that much more thankful for my family.
I know this post isn't diabetes related, but it is heart and emotion related, which I think diabetes also is. So those of you who pray, please pray for this suddenly single mother and her 3 children. They are going to need all the prayers they can get in the next weeks and months.

4 comments:

Vivian said...

Cara,
How tragic. We will be remembering this family in prayer. Thank you for sharing this need with us.
Viv

Little Patch of Heaven said...

Cara,

I will remember this family in our thoughts. The loss of a family member is never easy.

Donna said...

I'll put this family on my prayer list. A person can never have too many people praying for them.

k2 said...

Cara -
I will keep this family in my thoughts & prayers.
k2