Thursday, June 5, 2008

Taking a Break!

I am officially taking the day off tomorrow! No work! Woo-hoo!!! It was originally planned that I was going out of town for the weekend, but after some changes in plans, I am staying home. I could have gone into work tomorrow, since I'll be in town, but I decided, after a very emotionally draining week and a half (long story dealing with my personal life...you know, the one I don't talk about.), I decided I needed the day off anyway.

Right now I am planning on sleeping in (till at least 7:00, lol) and then getting up and basically finding things to do around my apartment. I am probably going to clean a little bit and maybe go have lunch with a friend of mine. And then I am getting my hair done at 3:00. I am ready for a summer 'do. My long hair is hot and in my way, so it's time for something new.

This week has been all about making myself happy and tomorrow is going to be a part of that. Just a day to relax and refresh myself. Time to put me first and not worry about other stuff.

As a side note: I passed on the Jonas Brother's magazine to the daughter of my supervisor at work. She was diagnosed just 2 years ago with Type 1 diabetes and I thought she might like it. II felt like I needed to pass it on. Let a diabetic child know that there are others like her in the world.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Cara - Sorry to hear you've had an emotionally draining week. Those stink. But I'm glad you're getting a day off. You deserve it. It's nice to sometimes not really have plans. Makes a body feel more carefree.

It was nice of you to pass on the magazine. I'm sure your supervisor's daughter will get a lot out of the article.

Have a fun weekend!