Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Paddy's Day!


I love St. Patrick's Day. I don't know why, I just always have. It makes me smile. My friends make fun of me and tell me that it's because I'm really a leprechaun because I'm so short. I just laugh. Maybe it's true.

Due to being adopted, I don't know a lot about my family heritage. I know my mother's mother was of German decent and I believe my mother's father was of English, Irish, or Welsh decent, but I'm not sure. And I know nothing about my father's side.

So, I like to think that I really do have some Irish blood in me and that's why I like St. Patrick's Day so much. :)

I hope you have all had a wonderful day. I had a pretty decent day. I met with my Certified Diabetes Educator. It was nice. We didn't do anything major as far as changes go, but I talked with her about the ace inhibitors, my exercise and how to handle my blood sugars during this time, and about how my sensor has been working.

I really like my CDE, which is nice. We get along well and she's easy to talk to. Right now it was just more or less a way to get a second opinion and a second set of eyes on my blood sugars to see where we might fine tune. I'd really like to get my A1c lower and this may help.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Cara - I'm glad you like your CDE. The more we like those helping us take care of our diabetes - the better, right?

k2 said...

You go girl!
k2